Tuesday, December 8, 2009

progress? yes.


There was ice on the sand. This was a first for me. Did I mention I'm unemployed? I took advantage and fled to the coast on a whim last night with 3 friends. On our way we stopped for food and I cut my thumb while testing the freshness of a french baguette, I shit you not. This was another first for me. I would show you a picture of my thumb where I was punctured, but every pic I took just looks like a penis because of how close I have to zoom in to see the wound. That would certainly take the sympathy away from being penetrated by a piece of gluten. I don't think that sentence helped my case either.

It's also colder than it has been in Oregon in the last 2o years. I still live in the basement. I like eggnog, I didn't know this about myself.

I am currently reading 3 books : The NEW Strategic Selling by Miller and Heiman, The Friday Night Knitting club by Kate Jacobs and Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggeriches. I've never read 3 books at the same time before.

When Dusty (Brent's cousin) texted me "So, should I stop calling you?" I wrote out my text thoughtfully while in the rose room of Powell's book shopping for my nephew's Christmas present : Diary of a Wimpy Kid (ironic, yes? Will I ever know when to use that word?). Instead of sending it, the youtube video 'You can't text message break up' flashed in my mind and I resigned to dialing his number. It was short and sweet. "Yeah, I'm not ready for anything serious and this is getting serious." He was completely understanding and I was proud of myself. I thought to myself, "I'm 27."


No comments:

Post a Comment