Thursday, February 25, 2010

Please don't say 21.


I've had this conversation a few times now and it's starting to really annoy the shit out of me.

him : How old are you? 21?

me : Awe, wow. Ya, right?

him : no, seriously. You're like 21 right?

me : no, I'm ... 27.

him : (expression of pure shock) no way!?!

me : how old are you?

him : (still look of shock on their face) pause

me : 21? (people always tend to guess their own age)

him : ya.

me : (pure disappointment) of course.

Every time I've had this conversation (at least 3 times now) I know they are going to say they are 21. I just know it. But every time I ask, I am desperately hoping they say, "no, I'm 29." Hell, I'd settle for 25 at this point.

Last night I had this conversation with a coworker. After explaining to him that I was 27, I actually wondered if that was the right number. I seriously gave it a minute to be like, "am I 27, no...maybe I am 21?" As I threw my apron on and tried to escape, still in disbelief, he exclaimed, "27?!? Wow, you must moisturize."

How is a 27 year old person suppose to look? Dried up? Oh man.


No comments:

Post a Comment