Thursday, February 25, 2010

2 for 1

So my family has been begging me to try eharmony. I have been dragging my feet. Come on! I'm 27, not 45. And I'm attractive and fun. I've always thought, 'when people stop asking me out, and I can't find a date then I'll try it out'. But that hasn't happened yet.

Just last night in fact I had plans to go out with an old "flame" of mine. He wanted to reconnect since he was the last person I saw before I went to Japan. He popped up on my gchat and cunningly asked me to have a "private dance party". What a guy. I suggested we just go out and he agreed. We booked Tuesday night, for which I had to cancel later on, remembering I had plans with Sarah already. So he texted that we should try for Wednesday. He also said he would email me what the plans were before Wednesday. Last night.

I didn't actually receive those plans by Wednesday, but figured he'd just call or text me where to meet him that night.

I did my hair, I took time to do my make up really nice, I picked out an outfit. I was going out. It just felt good to have plans to go out. When I got to work, the sweet 21 year old boy who asked if I was also 21 also asked me if I wanted to get a drink that night. I told him I got off at 8:30, gave him my phone number because I didn't have my phone on me while I was working and figured if boy #1 didn't show I would have plans with boy #2. This night was turning out pretty damn good. I was feeling hot, not gonna lie.

I rushed into the office to turn my phone on, in case boy #2 called to give me his phone number (if the phone's off it won't track a missed called). I also turned it on "just in case" boy #1 needed to leave me a message.

I checked my phone at 7:30. Nothing. I checked my phone at 8:00. Nothing. I made plans with both boys at 8:30. I started to get nervous when my shift wasn't even close to ending at 8:30, but gave it until 8:45 to check for messages because I was trying to convince myself I wasn't desperate. 8:45, nothing. fuck them.

I just got stood up by 2 people on the same fucking day. What the fuck.

I got out of work at 9:30 and I did what any girl would do. Drove to the nearest store and bought haagen dazs and ate it in bed....knowing full well how terrible it is to eat anything in bed.

The highlight of the evening was that instead of driving down the street to the store my roommate suggested I try the 76 gas station next to the apartment. I thought I would give it a try. Sometimes the stores didn't even have my ice cream and I didn't want to drive around too much, I just wanted to bury myself in my covers and feel sorry for myself.

When I got to the 76, not only did they have a million different haagen dazs flavors, they ALSO had Ben and Jerry's half baked (my favorite Ben and Jerry's) and as I approached the counter, I checked the freezer box with the bars of ice cream and they had my haagen dazs coffee almond crunch bar! It was like the universe was apologizing to me for such a shitty day by supplying me with all my favorite ice creams. I grabbed the 1 coffee almond crunch bar as to ration my emotional eating and headed home, to my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment