Thursday, April 1, 2010

Houston we have some good news!

DUDE!

So - I got a new car. And when I say new car, I mean...it's 10 years old but hardly driven ever....and when I say hardly, I mean...13,000 miles. Shiet. That's what I put on a car in one year! AND it's got all the bells and whistles, automatic windows and locks...cruise control...4 doors. AND it's blue...my favorite color. AND the best part is - IT'S ALL PAID OFF, IT'S ALL MINE AND THE INSURANCE IS PAID FOR 6 MONTHS....NO PAYMENTS MINE!

I love it. I named it Lelu, like off of Fifth Element and it drives like a peach.

Life has started to look up. Suddenly I have this notion I want to buy a house. So, I'm gonna save. I was thinking I wanted to buy all this extra stuff (mostly art because I love to buy art - which is a good investment and feeds the soul) but then I thought I could save that money to buy a house. At that very second, without me even planning it, I realized...I wanted to buy a house. So, I'm going to start saving.

And when life gets good, it gets real good. I just found out today that I GOT THE JOB AT WILLIAMS-SONOMA! Now, it's not going to be as the in-house designer mind you, just a casual associate (20 hours a week) - BUT, it's an open door, that leads to an open window towards becoming the in-house designer. I'm a little nervous, but at the same time I know I can do this. It pays just about double what I make as a food server and it's in the field of interior design. I don't know where this is going to lead me and I'm not making plans, I am just incredibly grateful for everything in my life.

I've also finished (I have 2 more pair of earrings to make) my second launch for my earrings....then I have to photograph them...try to spruce up my site and BAM! The website I write for is going to write a short article about them and I have a really good feeling Kiss My Sass is going to be a well known name soon to come. All good things, come in time and so I will be patient and know that life is good!

Woohoo and Amen.

Happy Easter y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your new car!!! Lelu is one of my nicknames since high school! Maybe I need to work on my pronunciation and vocab if I earned that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HEY!!! Um... I saw Lelu water at TJ Maxx on Sunday. Seriously. Not sure why they're selling bottled water at TJ Maxx, but it was there and it was Lelu, and I thought of you.

    <3 Meg
    http://prayeatlovepdx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete