Friday, April 16, 2010

bite me


I said "don't bite me, or I'll go home."

An empty threat but certainly a warning. I know, I know...don't make a threat unless you're ready to back it up. But I'm not raising a child here, I'm setting boundaries. I believe if you're with the wrong person, perhaps it feels like you're raising a child.

Obviously this guy did not get it. He continued to bite here and there, intermittently, each time, me reminding him how it hurt.

When we became physically passionate with each other, he continued to issue a certain amount of pain that I absorbed and hoped would somehow be the last. All of my efforts to non-verbally overt his aggression didn't work - so in a moment of seizing pain, I bit down quite hard on his tongue.

That seemed to get his attention. He quickly retreated his tongue into his mouth and stopped all movement, except to say, "owe! wait...I thought you said no biting."

To someone who has little experience in the dating arena you would think this quip would shock me. After all of his painful expressions of passion to turn around and accuse me of one, painful infliction, with such surprise and woe.

I know that if I had stayed true to my word and went home when first bite ensued I would have avoided this situation in entirety - but this, I suppose, is where I'm still learning. It's hard for me to say - "Okay, I'm going home." My inner voice says, "Well, that was interesting...he's obviously not taking you seriously, but maybe this is just his way of having fun. As long as it doesn't get to the point where it "really" bothers you." And yet it did get to that point and so I bit him back.

There was a voice even earlier on that told me to postpone the date, and yet another voice that covered my intuition stating, "even though he is complaining he is too tired to do anything but cuddle, he did go to the store to get things and you don't want to discourage him from trying."

STOP TRYING TO SAVE EVERYONE! Shit Kyla. Listen to your gut. It's okay. That was a great example of you "trying" to make it work, when really it didn't. So next time (maybe not with this guy) when it doesn't work, say it out loud, "this doesn't work" and accept things for how they are.

I guess what I should have said was, "Bite me - I'm going home!"

3 dates. He's not the one. Head em up and hood em out.

2 comments:

  1. what the frick? Come on Kyla...where's the bitch I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I knew him once... I had bruises. My sister had to check for broken skin to make sure infection didn't ensue. Gross.

    ReplyDelete