Tuesday, May 18, 2010

raft trip raft trip raft trip!


OMG! The raft trip is coming up! woot woot!

I didn't get to go last year for obvious reasons...out of the country blah blah blah. But this is my favorite thing to do every year. Despite the awkward tension amongst food groups (my family cooks their own meals and then everyone else is in a food group) and despite the overt contests to see who has the best (most expensive) toys, gear, food, wine, cigars, scotch, lounge chairs, sunscreen, juice, clothes, head lamps, sleeping bags, cameras, etc...I love this camping trip. It's 4 days OUTSIDE. 4 days on the earth itself, floating and drinking, feeling the air on my skin, hardly any electronic devices in sight. Just me, a book and a greyhound with my feet in the river. Fuck ya.

I wish my sisters could come, we always find some way to entertain ourselves, inevitably entertaining everyone else. Alas, it just wasn't in the cards for this trip. However, 2 of my darling and longest time friends are coming : Nick and Tim. Both of whom I've dated, etc. Both of whom I went on my first rafting trips with, both of whom are best friends. I have recently just reconnected with Nick who I've known since I was about 3ish, but I haven't seen Tim since we last dated, about 2 years ago. Hmmm....I'm glad we have all remained friends, and it will be SUCH an adventure to see how this year's rafting trip group dynamic will work out. I swear they should make some sort of reality show out of this.

I will sadly miss my older sister getting incredibly drunk by 7:00 and passing out somewhere dangerous, like in a bush full of tics, but it will save me the pain of having to slap her or drag her to the tent. HA! I guess she'll just have to do that in the privacy of her own backyard this year. And Kara will just have to go on entertaining her husband and vice versa at home with their new little kitty Sitka. I digress.

I can't wait to feel the chill of spring as I'm floating down the river, reminding me that I'm alive and life is good. Ahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment